Every day there is a new online learning tool. Right now there are so many online learning tools available that it could drive one crazy just trying to make sense of it all. Yes, it’s alot to take in… but the tools that are available can make education so much deeper and richer. At Learning Games for Kids, we try to keep our eye on the best educational applications for the most learning impact. Here’s our top 15…
1) Pinterest – yep it’s fun for browsing, but it is loaded with educational resources that make it absolutely indispensable.
2) Slideshare – super great for creating slideshows to teach concepts
3) TED/TEDed. – these are super education videos of people presenting new and informative information about education
4) Google Chrome – This platform along with its suite of productivity apps is perfect for creating and processing educational information add this to the Chromebook craze and you’ve got a perfect tool for learning. Another new site to encourage Chromebook and learning is Chromebooks4Homeschoolers.
5)Khan Academy – perfect for looking up that concept that you just can’t understand. Topics range from middle school or high school math to sciences.
6) Time4Learning – online learning resource that helps children learn through animated lessons and interactive tests and quizzes.
7) Time4Writing – also an online learning resource that helps enrich student’s writing skills.
8) Wordle – create word clouds from text that you submit
9) Glogster – a free site that allows you to create interactive posters.
10) Let’sHomeschoolHighSchool.com – Great place for homeschoolers to find all the resources they need to organize and implement a great high School online free.
11)ProProfs – create free online quizzes and tests
12) Vocabulary Spelling City – practice and test spelling word lists. Kids love the games and teachers love it because it makes spelling class so much easier!
13) Schoology – allows you to create online courses for free.
14) Science4Us – gives students in primary grades the extra jump on science that there usually just isn’t time for in the classroom.
15) Powtoon – Great animation creation platform. Create animated lessons.